Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Seeds of Goodness - June 8, 2020.

In your goodness You daily renew creation

I wake up each day

To the news 

I hear about

Disease

Riots

Violence 

Murders

Injustice

Hatred

Prejudice 

Peaceful Protests

Vigils

Calls for change 

Helpers 

Healers

And Survivors 

But I know that

I must turn away

from the headlines

For a moment

Not to hide

But to disengage

And find inspiration

Out in the world.

I look out the window in the morning

The sunlight bathes warmth and brightness

on the landscape - the sand, the homes, the mountains nearby

I know, and I have prayed many times 

this humble declaration: 

In your goodness, You daily renew creation. 

Eternal God,

Help me to see that within every part of Your universe

And even deep inside everything I saw on the news

You have placed a touch of your goodness

From which I must learn. 

It is a seed that can grow 

And suffuse the earth and our souls with goodness, 

With wisdom 

With hope 

and with Your loving presence.

In your goodness You daily renew creation

In my corner of the world,

May the contributions I make to the world 

from my heart and spirit

Be for good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment