Friday, September 10, 2021

A Prayer for the Sabbath of Return/Shabbat Shuvah 5782 - September 10, 2021

Blessed are You, Eternal One, our God,

Protector

Traveling companion

Palpable spiritual presence

Walking beside me

Invisible as You stand next to my aisle seat at 30,000 feet

Directing me to where I need to go 

Lifting me from sadness and despair

Wellspring of encouragement in moments when I need reassurance

Force for inspiration when my words, my melodies and my thoughts are spent

Powerful connector when circumstances suggest the wisdom of physical separation 

Persistent source of vision when division, hatred, and cruelty would lead me to look away from realities around us that seem unredeemable 

Hope of my life and the lives of many that any action that would bring repair and change in this world would make a significant and lasting impact. 

Lift me up 

Lift us up

Every morning

Every night

Every moment

So that we will ever be

Your messengers 

Of peace, 

Of love,

Of life.

Blessed are You, Maker of Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment