Monday, October 5, 2020

Cautious, not afraid - current thoughts on COVID-19

I choose to continue to be cautious because of COVID-19.  
   I choose to view any response to COVID-19 that would belittle or ignore the deaths of over 200,000 people in the United States as lacking in awareness and empathy.   
   I choose to look with astonishment and disdain at a leader who, in order to look busy, apparently staged two photos in two different rooms in a hospital, with some claiming that one of those photos showed the signing of a blank piece of paper. 
    I choose to acknowledge that most any administration would not give the full story about a president’s illness if it was serious.  
   I choose to describe the eschewing of masks, accompanied by a reliance only on testing, as unwise and dangerous when dealing with COVID-19.  
    I choose to hold all people who have COVID-19 in my prayers for healing, to pray for strength and comfort for the family members of those who have died of COVID-19, and to pray that people will, somehow, realize that science and knowledge are God-givens gifts on which we MUST rely during a serious and widespread pandemic.   
    I choose to oppose abuse and bullying that are firmly based in vindictiveness, selfishness, narcissism, and hatred

No comments:

Post a Comment