Saturday, August 29, 2020

Reflections on the day - August 28, 2020 (From a retired rabbi looking at past, present and future)



Standing behind the curtain of community

I can hear words

Melodies 

that are still very much a part of me

Others have stepped into a space of duty

And responsibility

While I look back

Far back

To expressions of my mind and heart and soul

Infused into public spaces 

To call upon the Oneness 

That can inspire us to do good for one another. 

I have touched remnants of moments 

When the wisdom and knowledge of others

Deepened my own understanding 

Of the world around me

And enhanced my own foundation 

Of knowledge, of values, of a desire to serve 

That was created so long ago. 

Settings for leadership may change

Contexts for conversation will turn to new, smaller vistas

Yet, there is too much happening

That threatens to destroy the very principles

that have guided me and many others

For me to be silent 

Or afraid. 

The Oneness 

Senses our essential holiness

Through coverings that keep us safe

And through isolation that does not disconnect us 

One from another 

For it is in our oneness

fashioned and strengthened by acts of kindness and compassion

That the Oneness will enter

And walk with us along this journey

And bind us together 

And never permit us, ever, to feel alone

 





No comments:

Post a Comment