Wednesday, November 21, 2018

A Prayer for Prayer - November 21, 2018

I pray that I may be able to pray with a full heart 

But I am sometimes fearful that I will not be able

To open my lips, to pray the words on the page

Or even to fashion my own thoughts

into whispers

That will speak

Praise

Gratitude

Or Hope.

It may be that, at times,

I feel so separated

From my community

that my words

both Internal

and external

Will not be worthy

And will not be heard.

It may be

That, in some moments,

I cannot muster

The proper intention

To make my expression

Thoughtful

And sincere.

But it may be that if I do,

In any case, allow myself

To speak, to chant, and to sing,

To offer silent thanks for just living

I will reconnect with my deepest self,

with others, and with G-d,

and I will be able overcome any barrier to sincerity

Because being honest with myself is all God wants of me

And whatever I pray will be worthy. 

So I will speak and chant and sing.  

I will openly offer thanks for every opportunity to pray 

that I may be able to pray with a full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment